Facebook expands Shops to WhatsApp
Customers are generally avoiding public places as more cities are going under lockdowns. It has changed consumer behaviour towards shopping. With these changes, the social media industry is also constantly adapting to new changes and improving user experience in their social media accounts. Facebook isn’t leaving behind this. Facebook has already pushed their efforts of adding features and tools for easy shopping on Instagram. It has about 1.2 million monthly active shops on these platforms. Now, this initiative will expand to WhatsApp too. WhatsApp has more than 2 billion global users.
Image Credit: WhatsApp
Google Web Stories: Reaches 100K Per Day Milestone
Web Stories are a web-based form of ‘Stories’ that can appear on Google across, Search, Google Discover and Google Images. It is a visual format that blend video, images, audio, animation and text to create a dynamic experience. One can explore this visual format by tapping through or swiping from one piece of the story to the next.
Below are few facts shared by Search Engine Land in their blog about Web Stories:
- Google reports 100,000 new Web Stories are added to the search index daily
- Over 20 million Web Stories are online in total
- Lifestyle content has the highest engagement of any vertical
- Web Stories from sites in the Arts and Entertainment and Food and Drink verticals get the most online impressions
- Web Stories content in the Arts and Entertainment, Celebrity, and Sports and Gaming categories are in high demand.
- On average users will tap through 11-15 pages of a story
Image Credits: Google
Let’s find out how you can enable the Web Stories on Google.