The Landing page plays a very important role when it comes to converting users into leads who visit your website.
Once we are clear about how to create the perfect content, it is time to capture the attention of users so that they are aware of the value that is offered to them and decides to trust us.
The landing pages are crucial to the conversion process. We start from an anonymous person from whom we “only” have information about what content they want to consume. Through our landing page, we manage to capture this person by offering them content that is tailored to what they want and, as a result, they have no doubts about sharing personal information in exchange for that content.
WHAT IS A LANDING PAGE?
A landing page is a web page specifically designed to convert visitors into leads. The operation is simple: if we offer something that engages the user, he will be more willing to leave information through a form. Our ready-made website themes contain some landing page examples which you can explore right away.
WHAT IS A CONVERSION PROCESS?
It is a 3-step process. Awareness, Consideration and Conversion.
The first step of the conversion process is to take a user to our landing page, and offer them the right content according to what they are looking for or searching for. To do this, we will use calls to action throughout the content in a landing page for attracting the user’s attention. This call to action would be in the form of buttons, links or images.
The landing page offers more detail and focusses on the content offered. Normally it contains a form with some information that you want to obtain from the user. By filling in and submitting the form, the user will be redirected to a thank you page, where they can receive quote, download the relevant document or content, get confirmation to contact them shortly.
HOW TO CREATE A LANDING PAGE THAT CONVERTS?
For a landing page to be correctly optimized for conversion, you have to take into account the following points:
- The content of the landing page must provide relevant information for the person you are targeting.
- An offer is what you offer to your visitors via a landing page. It must be perceived as something valuable and useful by them.
- The landing page, along with the offer presented, has to be consistent with what the person is looking for. Here we need to take into account where it exactly stands under the conversion process.
- Write clearly and concisely on the Landing page. It should speak the same language as the user expects without exceedingly too much information so that their level of expectancy does not drop at any time.
- Clearly explain the value and importance of the offer to people. The most important thing is to offer value to the person, focusing at all times on how they can get the most out of the content that is offered.
LANDING PAGE BEST PRACTICES
- Use the content in bullet points to make information easily understandable
This helps to focus the user’s attention on the points that we consider most important and what else may be of use to them. It is about giving relevance to the important part of the content.
- Avoid using the main menu and other links that may divert the user
The main objective of the landing page is to focus user’s attention on the offer or call to action so avoid using any navigation link or menu over on the landing page.
- Avoid using all fields as ‘required’ fields
Making all of the form information “required” will likely deter some of your prospects. Some users might not be comfortable sharing all information you are looking for. Rather than marking all the fields as required, just label some fields as optional.
- Select the appropriate number of fields in the form
Requesting a huge amount of information from the user is not a good idea. Limiting the form fields is to build a long-term relationship and, for this, we will have more opportunities to exchange information.
- Add testimonials if they provide relevant information
Around 36% of top landing pages feature testimonials. Good reviews and ratings help convince people who visits your landing page to take the action you want.
- Include relevant multimedia that captures the user’s attention
It is best practice to use a video or an image on the landing page. It is fact that using videos on landing pages can improve conversions by 86%.
- Show any recognition or award received by the organization
Do not forget to include any recognition or award received by your organisation on the landing page. The users will appreciate it.
- Provide an option to share the landing page on social networks
If it’s interesting content or offers on the landing page, the user may want to share it on their social media networks. So, providing an option of sharing the content at the end of the landing page is a good idea.
Below, you’ll find some of our landing pages examples. Learn all below landing pages and how you can use them to improve the ROI of your next marketing campaign.